The second semifinal sees Gerardo Martino's men take on one of the surprise successes of the tournament for the chance to face Uruguay on Sunday.
|Paraguay: Villar; Da Silva, Veron, Torres/Marecos, Vera; Barreto, Caceres, Rivero, Estigarribia; Valdez, Barrios/Santa Cruz
Roque Santa Cruz may be called upon by Gerardo Martino after missing the Brazil clash with an injury. Edgar Barreto, who played well coming on in the quarterfinals, will start in the middle to dictate the attack.
|Venezuela: Vega; Rosales, Peroza, Vizcarrondo, Cichero; Lucena, Gonzalez, Rincon; Arango; Miku, Rondon
Salomon Rondon will be in the attack for La Vinotinto after coming on as a sub against Chile. Up top, Miku will join him with Juan Arango sending the balls forward as the national team chases its first final appearance.
- Paraguay tied Brazil after 120 minutes of regulation in the quarterfinals, but managed to win the penalty kick shoot-out 2-0, clinching its appearance in the last four.
- The game against Brazil was a rematch of a group stage game that finished 2-2. The battle against Venezuela is also a repeat after the teams played out a dramatic 3-3 draw in their final group game.
- Paraguay has won the Copa America on two occasions, with the first coming in 1953 and the second in 1979.
- The Guarani are in the semifinals for the first time since 1989.
- Paraguay has scored five goals in the tournament, all by different players.
- Venezuela is in the semifinals for the first time in its history after edging Chile 2-1.
- La Vinotinto defender Gabriel Cichero is the teammate of Paraguay forward Marcelo Estigarribia at the club level. Both play for Newell's Old Boys of Argentina.
- Venezuela made the knockout stage when it hosted the last tournament in 2007 but fell to Uruguay 4-1 in the quarterfinals.
- None of the four teams that made the semifinals won its group.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!
- The winner of the contest will take on Uruguay on Sunday in the final.