The Central Americans can claim top spot in the group with a positive result, while the Canadians are fighting for their Gold Cup lives.
|Panama (4-4-2): Penedo; Rodriguez, Torres, Cummings, Chen; Quintero, Sanchez, Godoy, Gomez; Blackburn, Torres||
GOALKEEPERS: Jaime Penedo (unattached), Luis Mejia (Fenix - Uruguay), Alex Rodriguez (Sporting San Miguelito)
DEFENDERS: Leonel Parris (Tauro), Harold Cummings (Arabe Unido), Carlos Rodriguez (Chepo), Roman Torres (Millonarois - Colombia), Jean Carlos Cedeño (Alianza), Roderick Miller (San Francisco), Richard Dixon (Sporting San Miguelito), Roberto Chen (San Francisco)
MIDFIELDERS: Gabriel Gomez (Junior (Colombia), Marcos Sanchez (Tauro), Eybir Bonaga (San Francisco), Juan Perez (Tauro), Jairo Jimenez (Chorrillo), Alberto Quintero (Chorrillo), Anibal Godoy (Chepo), Rolando Escobar (Deportivo Anzoategui - Venezuela)
FORWARDS: Blas Perez (FC Dallas - USA), Gabriel Torres (Zamora - Venezuela), Cecilio Waterman (Fenix - Uruguay), Rolando Blackburn (Chorrillo)
|Canada (4-2-3-1): Borjan; Ledgerwood, Edgar, Henry, De Jong; Pacheco, De Guzman; Osorio, Bekker, Nakajima-Farran; Ricketts
GOALKEEPERS: Lars Hirschfeld (Valerenga - Norway), Milan Borjan (Sivasspor - Turkey), Simon Thomas (Vancouver Whitecaps)
DEFENDERS: Doneil Henry (Toronto FC), Nik Ledgerwood (Hammarby IF - Sweden), Ashtone Morgan (Toronto FC), David Edgar (Burnley - England), Marcel de Jong (FC Augsburg - Germany), Nana Attakora (San Jose Earthquakes), Adam Straith (unattached)
MIDFIELDERS: Kyle Bekker (Toronto FC), Julian de Guzman (unattached), Issey Nakajima-Farran (Alki Larnaca - Cyprus), Jonathan Osorio (Toronto FC), Pedro Pacheco (CD Santa Clara - Portugal), Samuel Piette (Fortuna Düsseldorf - Germany), Kyle Porter (D.C. United), Keven Aleman (Real Valladolid - Spain)
FORWARDS: Marcus Haber (Stevenage FC - England), Tosaint Ricketts (Sandnes Ulf - Norway)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Panama heads into this match as the Group A leader, and it is assured of advancing to the quarterfinal round.
- The Central Americans' victory over Mexico on the first match day was the first time Panama had ever beaten the CONCACAF giant.
- Canada's squad has been decimated by unexpected absences, as Nana Attakora, Simeon Jackson, Randy Edwini-Bonsu, Will Johnson and Russell Teibert have all left the team at various stages of the tournament. Only Jackson left with a non-injury/illness issue, as the forward traveled to Germany to sign with Bundesliga side Eintracht Braunschweig.
- To add to the injury crisis, striker Marcus Haber is doubtful for the match as he suffered an ankle injury in the 2-0 loss to Mexico on Thursday.
- Canada must win to have a chance at advancing. If they can secure a victory, the Canucks will still have to wait on other groups' results to find out their fate. The top two third-place teams in the tournament move on to the quarterfinals, along with the first and second-place finishers in each group.