Having recovered from the 5-0 opening day defeat at Fulham to pick up a couple of creditable draws, the new boss will be hoping to get his first win under his belt at Carrow Road.
Martin, Barnett, Bassong, Garrido
Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington
WEST HAM UNITED
Demel, Tomkins, Collins, McCartney
Vaz Te, Noble, Diame, Taylor
Winston Reid's jet-lag after returning from international duty in New Zealand means that James Tomkins should start alongside James Collins in the center of defense.
Matt Taylor's goal and assist in the 3-0 win over Fulham last game should be enough for him to keep his place in the team ahead of record signing Matt Jarvis, who has now returned from a thigh injury. Meanwhile, George McCartney has recovered from the ankle injury that kept him out the Fulham game, and should start at left back.
Andy Carroll's hamstring injury on his impressive debut means that Carlton Cole should make his 150th start for the club, despite competition from Modibo Maiga. Jack Collison returned to training earlier this week after missing three months with a knee injury, but it is still too soon for him to play any part on Saturday.
Norwich City manager Chris Hughton has no fresh injury concerns following the international break, after all of his players returned unscathed.
Russell Martin is fit to start after withdrawing from the Scotland squad with an ankle injury but Elliott Bennett is still absent with a knee injury, and Steven Whittaker is yet to recover from an ankle injury sustained in preseason.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Norwich haven't beaten West Ham since 1994, when a Mark Robins goal gave it a 1-0 win at Carrow Road.
- Five of the last six league meetings between the two sides have ended as draws.
- The host has kept just one clean sheet in its last 17 Premier League games.
- No team has had fewer shots on goal than The Canaries in the league this season (34).
- Hughton's men are the only Premier League team yet to pick up a booking.
- West Ham picked up more points away from home than any other team in the Championship last season (45).
- However, it has won none of its last 14 league trips to Carrow Road (W0 D6 L8), and has lost its last five Premier League games away from home.
- The Hammers committed more fouls than any other side in the opening three games (45).
- Allardyce's men netted the highest number of goals from set pieces in the Championship last season (33) and three of their four goals this season have also come from dead balls.
- Jussi Jaaskelainen (pictured, right) has made more saves than any other goalkeeper in the Premier League so far.