Paul Lambert takes his improving side back to his old stomping ground after picking up 10 points from a possible 18, with the Canaries winning just one of their last eight games
Martin, Turner, R Bennett, Whittaker
E Bennett. Howson, Johnson, Snodgrass
Lowton Vlaar, Baker, Bennett
Sylla, Delph, Westwood
Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor
Sebastien Bassong (knee) is a doubt for Norwich after suffering an injury in the 1-0 defeat to Stoke City but Michael Turner (groin) is nearing a first-team return and could replace the centre-back.
John Ruddy could be available again after edging close to match fitness but Andrew Surman (knee) remains sidelined.
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has positive news heading back to his former club with Ciaran Clark (foot) and Karim El Ahmadi (groin) both in line for a return to the squad after missing the 6-1 thrashing of Sunderland.
Gary Gardner (knee) and Marc Albrighton (lacking match fitness) have returned to training but long-term absentees Chris Herd (foot) and Richard Dunne (groin) all remain out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- In the top five European leagues, only Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have scored more goals in 2013 than Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke (pictured right) with 18.
- The Villans have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 19 Premier League appearances, the worst record in the division.
- Villa has conceded 64 goals this season, only Reading (65) and Newcastle (66) have let in more Premier League goals.
- Norwich City has won just one of its last six meetings with Aston Villa.
- However, the club is undefeated in its last seven Premier League home games.
- The Canaries have kept nine clean sheets this season, with three of them coming in their last six games.
- Paul Lambert's side is seventh in the Premier League form guide, above the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool.
- Only QPR and Stoke City, with 29 and 31 respectively, have scored fewer goals than Norwich's 33 this season.