The visitors are on a mini-revival with draws at Southampton and at home to Chelsea cutting short their bad run, but the hosts will want to get back to winning ways at home
Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Santon
Ben Arfa, Tiote, Anita, Ferguson
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies
Dyer, Britton, De Guzman
Hernandez, Michu, Routledge
Newcastle will be without France international Yohan Cabaye (groin) after he missed his country's friendly win over Italy midweek with the problem.
Fellow midfielder Jonas Gutierrez (knee) and captain Fabricio Coloccini (suspension) are also out but manager Alan Pardew can welcome Cheikh Tiote following his three-match ban.
Papiss Cisse may miss out after a mix-up between the Senegal FA and Newcastle led to the striker pulling out of an international friendly with a back problem but the national body could take action to prevent him playing this weekend. Demba Ba also failed to report for international duty due to an ongoing shin complaint.
Swansea look set to be without Ki Sung-Yueng (hamstring) but Danny Graham (back) could return to the fold. The game comes too early for Michel Vorm (groin) and Kyle Bartley (thigh), while Neil Taylor (ankle) has been ruled out for the rest of the season.
Defender Chico Flores could make a return to the starting line-up after missing the past few weeks with a thigh injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Only Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea haswon more Premier League matches this calendar year than Newcastle (14)
- Alan Pardew's men have scored only four times in the first half of games this season, the lowest in the top flight.
- Magpies legend Kevin Keegan (pictured right) spent his apprenticeship days at Scunthorpe as the boot boy of former Swans boss Frank Burrows.
- Swansea has never won a Premier League match in November. They've drawn four and lost once.
- They have gone nine games without a clean sheet in the league.
- The Swans have failed to beat the Magpies in the past seven meetings between the two in all competitions.