New York will look keep up pressure on the teams at the top of the table when it hosts disastrous Toronto FC.
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Gaudette; Barklage, Holgersson, Pearce, Conde; McCarty, Marquez, Lindpere, Solli; Henry, Cahill.
OUT: DF Rafa Marquez (R hamstring strain); GK Ryan Meara (L hip surgery); DF Roy Miller (groin strain); MF Digao (L hamstring strain)
|Toronto FC (4-3-3): Kocic; Hall, Emory, O'Dea, Morgan; Wiedeman, Maund, Dunfield, Amarikwa; Silva, Johnson.
OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); FW Danny Koevermans (L knee ACL tear); DF Ty Harden (lower abdominal strain); MF Torsten Frings (L hip)
DOUBTFUL: FW Eric Hassli (R ankle sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Richard Eckersley (L orbital contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Toronto FC is now winless in 10 consecutive games, besting its nine-game losing streak to start the season. The current run is two games shy of a team record for most consecutive games without a win in a single season.
- TFC rookie Luis Silva has been involved in each of his team’s last four goals, with assists in each of the last three games to go with his fifth goal of the season Saturday against the LA Galaxy.
- New York's tally of 50 goals scored for the season is the best offensive total in the Eastern Conference.
- These teams are meeting for the second time this season, after New York’s Jan Gunnar Solli and TFC’s Danny Koevermans traded goals in the first six minutes for a 1-1 draw on June 30 at BMO Field.
- New York's Connor Lade will miss this game through suspension.