The Union makes a trip up I-95 to meet a Red Bull team desperate for its first win of the 2013 season.
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Robles; Pearce, Olave, Holgersson, Kimura; Alexander, Cahill, McCarty, Steele; Luyindula, Akpan.||
OUT: Ryan Meara (hip surgery recovery)
QUESTIONABLE: Fabian Espindola (L hamstring Injury), Thierry Henry (L MCL Sprain), Connor Lade (Ankle injury)
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): MacMath; Williams, Okugo, Parke, Gaddis; Carroll, M. Farfan, Daniel, Lahoud; Le Toux, McInerney.
OUT: Matt Kassel (L knee sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: Gabe Farfan (R hamstring strain), Don Anding (L knee strain), Chris Albright (Lower back spasms), Aaron Wheeler (R knee contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Red Bulls come into this match with a four-game winning streak over the Union, having not conceded to their nearest geographical rivals in 224 minutes.
- Philadelphia's PPL Park and New York's Red Bull Arena are the two closest stadiums in MLS, separated by just under 90 miles.
- New York defender Brandon Barklage is suspended for this match.
- New York is looking for its first win under rookie head coach Mike Petke and hasn't scored in its last 253 minutes of play.
- Philadelphia forward Sebastien Le Toux spent part of last season with New York, scoring once in 14 games.