Already a grudge match, this game will be spiced up by the presence of former Union hero Sebastien Le Toux in a Red Bulls shirt.
|New York Red Bulls (4-3-1-2): Gaudette; Barklage, Holgersson, Conde, Miller; Ballouchy, McCarty, Lindpere; Henry; Le Toux, Cooper.
OUT: MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain); FW Jose Angulo (R knee sprain); DF Heath Pearce (R hamstring injury); DF Jan Gunnar Solli (R hamstring injury); DF Rafa Marquez (L calf injury)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Ryan Meara (R hip injury)
|Philadelphia Union (4-3-3): MacMath; Williams, Okugo, Valdes, G. Farfan; Adu, Carroll, Lahoud; Hoppenot, McInerney, Pajoy.||
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion)
DOUBTFUL: DF Michael Farfan (R groin strain); DF Bakary Soumare (R knee menisectomy recovery)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Chandler Hoffman (L big toe fracture)
PROBABLE: DF Cristhian Hernandez (L ankle sprain); GK Zac MacMath (R ring finger avulsion); DF Sheanon Williams (R big toe avulsion); DF Chris Albright (stomach virus)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Red Bull's newest signing, Sebastien Le Toux, is Philadelphia's all-time leading scorer, with 25 goals over two seasons. Former Union manager Peter Nowak traded the Frenchman to Vancouver before the 2012 season.
- The Union have failed to win a game when allowing the first goal this year, going 0-8-1. They are the only team yet to record a comeback victory.
- New York has the all-time advantage between these two sides. The Red Bulls are 4-2-0 all competitions against their Pennsylvania neighbors.
- Goalkeeper Bill Gaudette, acquired by New York from the LA Galaxy the day before the match, started in the 2-2 draw with Seattle on Sunday and also in the 1-0 win over Chicago on Wednesday. Rookie Ryan Meara had played every minute in goal in the first 18 games for New York.
- One player from each club will represent MLS as part of the all-star team that takes on Chelsea FC next week in Philadelphia. Thierry Henry will fly the flag for New York, and captain Carlos Valdes is the Union's representative. Heath Pearce was included in the initial list but dropped out due to injury.