New York and its high-powered offense are looking to stay in the Eastern Conference title race. New England wants to put daylight between itself and the bottom.
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Solli, Holgersson, Ruthven, Lade; Richards, McCarty, Palsson, Ballouchy; Henry, Cooper.
OUT: FW Juan Agudelo (L knee surgery recovery); MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain); DF Wilman Conde (L groin strain); DF Roy Miller (L knee effusion)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Stephen Keel (back strain)
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Alston, McCarthy, Soares, Tierney; Rowe, Simms, Joseph, Feilhaber; Sene, Brettschneider.
OUT: FW Zak Boggs (R ankle sprain); DF Flo Lechner (R foot fifth metatarsal fracture); MF Sainey Nyassi (R hamstring strain); FW Jeremiah White (concussion)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Ryan Guy (R calf tightness)
PROBABLE: FW Blake Brettschneider (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- New York striker Thierry Henry is tied with San Jose's Chris Wondolowski for the MLS goalscoring lead with eight so far this season. Teammate Kenny Cooper is third, with seven.
- New York leads all MLS teams in scoring with 17 goals, but is also second in goals allowed, with 14. Five of New York's seven games this season have seen at least four total goals scored.
- Of the Revolution’s five goals this season, four have come in the opening 15 minutes.
- New England has lost in its last six visits to New York, and the Revs haven't beaten the Red Bulls in North Jersey since 2007.
- New York's Rafael Marquez will miss this game, continuing to serve his suspension for breaking Shea Salinas' clavicle.