Slumping New York looks for revenge against Houston a week after losing out 2-0 at The Oven.
|New York Red Bulls (4-3-3): Gaudette; Solli, Holgersson, Conde, Pearce; McCarty, Cahill, Lindpere; Le Toux, Cooper, Henry.
OUT: DF Brandon Barklage (R hamstring strain); GK Ryan Meara (hip injury)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Rafa Marquez (L calf strain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-3-3): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Taylor, Ashe; Garcia, Moffat, Davis; Ching, Bruin, Kandji.
QUESTIONABLE: FW Calen Carr (L knee swelling)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- New York and Houston are the only teams in MLS that haven't lost at home this season. The Dynamo protected that record a week ago with a 2-0 victory over the Red Bulls in BBVA Compass Stadium.
- In that match, Dynamo goalkeeper Tally Hall was credited with his third consecutive clean sheet and his sixth in the last seven games. Hall now has 10 shutouts, tying him for the league lead with KC’s Jimmy Nielsen.
- New York's defeat to Houston last week was the just the second time the Red Bulls have lost two games in a row this season. They previously lost their two opening matches of 2012.
- Jermaine Taylor’s opening goal in Houston’s 2-0 defeat of the New York Red Bulls on Aug. 3 came 74 seconds into the match, the third-fastest strike in team history.
- New York strikers Kenny Cooper and Thierry Henry are tied-for-second and fourth, respectively, in goals scored. Cooper has a baker's dozen and Henry is close behind on 11.