Houston finishes a seven-game road trip to start the season in New York, where it has never won.
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Solli, Holgersson, Ruthven, Miller; Ballouchy, Marquez, McCarty, Lindpere; Cooper, Richards.
OUT: MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain); FW Thierry Henry (R hamstring strain); FW Jose Angulo (R knee sprain); DF Stephen Keel (back strain); DF Roy Miller (L knee effusion); DF Wilman Conde (L groin strain)
PROBABLE: FW Juan Agudelo (L knee surgery recovery); DF Jan Gunnar Solli (L calf strain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Watson, Moffat, Camargo, Davis; Bruin, Ching.||
OUT: FW Brian Ownby (L elbow dislocation); FW Colin Rolfe (R hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This match concludes Houston's seven-game road swing to begin the season. This weekend the Dynamo will host D.C. United in BBVA Compass Stadium. In all, Houston has won two, drawn two and lost two, for a total of eight points from six games.
- New York comes into this match fresh off two consecutive 1-0 wins, most recently over the LA Galaxy in California. The Red Bulls have 16 points, good for third in the East.
- Those two games were rookie goalkeeper Ryan Meara's first two shutouts.
- Houston has never won in New York, losing three and drawing four. Likewise, NY has never won in Robertson Stadium.
- Brian Ching has scored seven goals and added two assists in 12 games against New York through his career with the San Jose Earthquakes and Houston.