A win by D.C. earlier in the season is the difference in the table currently, with New York trailing by three points.
|New York Red Bulls (4-5-1): Meara; Miller, Pearce, Holgersson, Barklage; Lade, Lindpere, McCarty, Solli, Richards; Cooper.
OUT: MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain); FW Jose Angulo (R knee sprain); FW Thierry Henry (R calf strain); MF Rafa Marquez (R thigh contusion)
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Woolard, Jakovic, McDonald, Russell; DeLeon, De Rosario, Kitchen, Najar; Pontius, Santos.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear)
PROBABLE: MF Danny Cruz (R hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- D.C. dominates the all-time record with NY, winning 31 to New York's 19. The teams have drawn 19 times as well.
- United also beat its Northeast rival earlier in the season and took last season's away leg with a 1-0 victory.
- D.C. coach Ben Olsen will manage the All-Star team. He replaces Peter Nowak, who was fired by the Philadelphia Union recently.
- Kenny Cooper and Thierry Henry are second and third on the MLS goalscoring charts with 11 and nine goals this season respectively. Dwayne De Rosario is joint-top of the league with eight assists.
- D.C. is first in the East with 30 points. New York is only three points back with a game in hand.