Both teams will be looking to win this Eastern Conference clash and inch that much closer to a place in the playoffs.
|New York Red Bulls (4-3-3): Gaudette; Solli, Holgersson, Pearce, Conde; Lade, Marquez, McCarty, Lindpere; Cahill, Henry.
OUT: GK Ryan Meara (L hip surgery)
|Columbus Crew (4-2-3-1): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Marshall, Gehrig, Vukovic; Birchall, Mirosevic; Gaven, Higuain, Duka; Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear); DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab)
PROBABLE: FW Jairo Arrieta (R ankle contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Columbus saw its four-game winning streak – the club’s longest in two years – put to an end in a 2-0 loss at New England last Wednesday.
- New York striker Thierry Henry has the second best-selling jersey in MLS this year, behind only David Beckham.
- Columbus currently holds the fifth and final playoff spot in the East, just one point ahead of D.C. United in sixth.
- Despite playing only six games this season, Columbus’ Federico Higuaín has six assists, twice as many as any of his teammates.
- New York striker Kenny Cooper has 14 goals so far this season, and could top his best-ever total of 18, set with FC Dallas in 2008.