The Juan Agudelo derby will be without its namesake with the youngster called into the U.S. national team training camp.
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Barklage, Holgersson, Pearce, Miller; Ballouchy, McCarty, Lindpere, Lade; Cooper, Richards.
OUT: DF Stephen Keel (back strain); MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain); FW Jose Angulo (R knee sprain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Jan Gunnar Solli (L quadriceps injury)
PROBABLE: FW Thierry Henry (R hamstring strain); DF Wilman Conde (L groin strain)
|Chivas USA (4-2-3-1): Kennedy; Riley, Califf, McKenzie, Jazic; Minda, LaBrocca; Bolanos, Moreno, Smith, Correa.
OUT: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Ben Zemanski (R knee MCL sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juan Agudelo will not feature against the team that so recently traded him. The young striker is with the U.S. national team on international duty. New York's Victor Palsson will miss out through suspension, so Heath Pearce -- the defender traded for Agudelo -- should continue in the backline.
- The Goats have won two of their last three visits to New Jersey. Robin Fraser has never lost to the Red Bulls.
- New York leads the Eastern Conference with 25 points from 12 games. Last weekend it tied a club record five straight wins.
- Kenny Cooper, second in MLS with 10 goals, has three goals from three games, all without the injured Thierry Henry.
- Chivas USA is sixth in the West with 13 points from 11 games. Last weekend it won the SuperClasico, a Jose Erick Correa penalty deciding the 1-0 match over the LA Galaxy.