While New England has faltered recently, Sporting is still looking good for a shot at the playoffs.
|New England Revolution (4-5-1): Reis; Polak, Barnes, McCarthy, Tierney; Rowe, Feilhaber, Nguyen, Simms, Guy; Sene.
OUT: FW Alec Purdie (L ankle sprain); GK Bobby Shuttleworth (L knee sprain); DF A.J. Soares (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Diego Fagundez (L ankle sprain); DF Kevin Alston (L hamstring soreness)
PROBABLE: DF Darrius Barnes (L adductor strain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Nagamura, Thomas, Zusi; Kamara, Convey, Bunbury.||
OUT: DF Korede Aiyegbusi (R knee sprain); DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture); GK Jon Kempin (R ankle fracture)
DOUBTFUL: DF Lawrence Olum (L groin strain)
PROBABLE: FW Bobby Convey (L calf strain); MF Graham Zusi (R quad strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Earlier this week, New England traded captain and all-time appearance leader Shalrie Joseph to Chivas USA.
- This will be the third meeting of the season between the clubs, the second in the past two weeks. They played to a scoreless draw July 21 in Kansas City; Sporting won 3-0 at home on March 17.
- Sporting Kansas City's Kei Kamara leads MLS in shots taken (86) and shots on target (36).
- New England leads MLS in most headed goals conceded (11).
- Despite winning the first seven games it played this season, Sporting has been shut six times in its last 15 matches.