Seattle travels to New England after drawing in Guatemala midweek to advance to the knockout phase of the CONCACAF Champions League.
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Alston, Cochrane, Barnes, Tierney; Mansally, Joseph, Feilhaber, Zerka; Caraglio, Schilawski.||
OUT: FW Rajko Lekic (L ankle sprain); MF Stephen McCarthy (L shoulder surgery); MF Sainey Nyassi (R hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF A.J. Soares (L adductor strain); MF Monsef Zerka (L quadriceps strain)
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Keller; Scott, Hurtado, Parke, Gonzalez; Fernandez, Evans, Alonso, Neagle; Fucito, Montero.||
OUT: GK Terry Boss (concussion); MF Michael Seamon (lateral ankle tendon); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); FW O’Brian White (leg surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Mauro Rosales (R knee MCL sprain); DF James Riley (concussion); FW Pat Noonan (adductor strain)
PROBABLE: MF Erik Friberg (hip flexor strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
With their 3-1 win at Vancouver last weekend, the Sounders clinched the Cascadia Cup, which is awarded to the team with the best overall record in head-to-head matches between Seattle, Portland and Vancouver.
- New England was all but mathematically eliminated from playoff contention after losing 3-2 at Chicago last weekend.
- Seattle has advanced to the knockout stage of the CONCACAF Champions League following a 2-2 draw at Comunicaciones Tuesday night.
- The Revs are 0-11-2 when conceding the first goal this season
- The Sounders could rest some players in this match, as they face Chicago three days later for the U.S. Open Cup championship.
- New England only has four home wins on the season, tied for the fewest in MLS.