The Revs welcome RSL to Gillette Stadium looking to snap a five-game winless run against the Western Conference foes.
|New England Revolution (4-1-4-1): Shuttleworth; Tierney, Goncalves, McCarthy, Duckett; Cisse, Guy; Rowe, Nguyen, Fagundez; Bengtson.||
OUT: Kevin Alston (leukemia), A.J. Soares (hamstring)
QUESTIONABLE: Andrew Farrell (L knee contusion), Stephen McCarthy (adductor strain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Borchers, Schuler, Wingert; Gil, Beckerman, Morales, Grabavoy; Sandoval, Plata.
OUT: Alvaro Saborio (quadriceps tear), Cole Grossman (concussion), Rich Balchan (L shoulder separation)
QUESTIONABLE: Robbie Findley (L knee hyperextension), Olmes Garcia (R adductor strain), Yordany Alvarez (R ankle contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Revolution are tied with D.C. United for an MLS-low four goals scored, but they hope to have found the remedy to that by acquiring U.S. international forward Juan Agudelo on Tuesday.
- Despite a rotation of healthy bodies across the back line, the Revs' defense has been stingy, posting five clean sheets in eight games.
- Both teams will be stretched this week, with New England playing New York and Salt Lake playing Montreal on Saturday. Both of New England's games are at home, while RSL will be away from Rio Tinto Stadium for its pair of matches.
- RSL's Joao Plata is coming off a two-assist effort in the club's 2-0 victory over Vancouver Saturday night.
- RSL is 7-4-4 all-time against New England, including a 3-2-2 record at Gillette Stadium. The club is 4-0-1 in the teams' last five meetings.