Top faces bottom in this Eastern Conference clash, with New England looking to rebound from a loss to Manchester United and climb the table.
New England Revolution (4-4-1-1): Reis; Alston, Coria, Soares, Barnes; Tierney, Phelan, McCarthy, Nyassi; Feilhaber; Lekic.
OUT: FW Kheli Dube (whiplash)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Ryan Cochrane (L foot pain)
PROBABLE: DF Kevin Alston (L hamstring tightness); MF Ousmane Dabo (R quadriceps strain); MF Andrew Sousa (L wrist surgery)
Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): Mondragon; Williams, Califf, Valdes, G. Farfan; Mapp, Carroll, Nakazawa, Daniel; Le Toux, Mwanga.
OUT: FW Levi Houapeu (R ankle strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Stefani Miglioranzi (sinus fracture); FW Veljko Paunovic (L hip strain)
PROBABLE: DF Danny Califf (intercostal strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The Philadelphia Union went undefeated against the Revs in its inaugural season. The teams drew 1-1 in Philly and the Union won 2-1 at Foxboro.
- The teams come into the match on opposite ends of the table. With 28 points, Philadelphia is tied atop the Eastern Conference table. The Revs anchor that table with just 16 points.
- The Revolution returns to league play for the first time since July 4, playing against Manchester United in a friendly in the meantime. The reigning English Premier League champion won that match 4-1.
- This is the last of a three-game road spell for Philly. The previous two games were draws, with D.C. United and the San Jose Earthquakes providing the opposition.
- Ryan Cochrane (red card) and Shalrie Joseph (yellow-card accumulation) are suspended.
- With just 16 goals conceded, Philadelphia is tied for second in MLS.