Jesse Marsch's center back dilemma was temporarily solved for him by Rivas' red ahead of the Impact's visit to fellow Eastern stragglers New England.
|New Engalnd Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Alston, McCarthy, Barnes, Tierney; Guy, Simms, Feilhaber, Nguyen; Sene, Imbongo.
OUT: FW Alec Purdie (L ankle sprain); GK Bobby Shuttleworth (L knee sprain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Blair Gavin (L hamstring tightness); DF A.J. Soares (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Kevin Alston (L hamstring soreness)
|Montreal Impact (4-2-3-1): Perkins; Camara, Ferrari, Nesta, Brovsky; Felipe, Bernier; Arnaud, Mapp, Nyassi; Wenger.
OUT: DF Zarek Valentin (L ankle sprain); FW Bernardo Corradi (L knee ACL tear); FW Eduardo Sebrango (L shoulder separation)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- If New England won its three games in hand, it would slingshot from eighth in the Eastern Conference to sixth, two points ahead of Montreal.
- The Impact come into this match searching for a franchise-first three-game winning streak. They have won two games in a row twice.
- Ryan Guy committed his international future to Guam last week. His father is a former senator of Guam.
- Felipe Martins assisted three times against the New York Red Bulls and followed it up with a goal against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday. In all, the 21-year-old has four goals and eight assists this year.
- Traded to Chivas USA this month, Shalrie Joseph holds Revolution records for appearances (261), starts (254) and minutes played (22,867).