With just one point separating them after a dozen matches, this could be a preview of an exciting scrap for the final playoff place.
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Alston, McCarthy, Soares, Tierney; Rowe, Joseph, Feilhaber, Nguyen; Sene, Brettschneider.
OUT: FW Zak Boggs (R ankle sprain); DF Flo Lechner (R foot fifth metatarsal fracture); MF Sainey Nyassi (R hamstring strain); FW Jeremiah White (concussion)
DOUBTFUL: MF Clyde Simms (L ankle tendonitis);
QUESTIONABLE: FW Jose Moreno (R calf strain); MF Kelyn Rowe (L hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Ryan Guy (R calf stiffness)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall, Taylor, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Carr, Sturgis, Carmargo, Davis; Ching, Kandji.||
OUT: GK Erich Marscheider (R shoulder sprain); DF Kofi Sarkodie (R foot sprain); FW Brian Ownby (L elbow dislocation)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Houston forward Brian Ching is tied with former Dynamo teammate Dwayne De Rosario for most goals scored by an active player during the regular season against the Revs, with eight strikes each.
- New England has only been held scoreless in one of its past five games.
- Ten of New England’s 12 goals this season have come in the first half of play. Conversely, Houston has scored only two goals in the first 45 minutes of matches.
- With one more assist, Revs captain Shalrie Joseph will move into second place on New England’s all-time assist list, ahead of Joe-Max Moore. Joseph has three assists already on the year, bringing his career total to 35.
- New England hasn't defeated Houston since Oct.10, 2010. Shalrie Joseph and Kheli Dube scored in a 2-1 win, with Geoff Cameron and Joseph Ngwenya sent off in stoppage time.