The Oranje are after a repeat of their 4-0 demolition of the Hungarians from Friday, with victory virtually securing their place at the finals next year...
| Netherlands: Vorm; Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Pieters; De Jong, Van der Vaart; Kuyt, Sneijder, Afellay; Van Persie
|Hungary: Kiraly; Lazar, Vanczak, Juhasz, Laczko; Varga, Vadocz; Gera, Koman, Dzsudzsak; Rudolf
- Hungary currently occupy second place in Group E of the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign with nine points from five games.
- Hungary have not qualified for a European Championships since 1972, when they finished fourth at the finals.
- Goalkeeper Gabor Kiraly is the most capped player in the current squad with 80 international appearances.
- The Hungarians hadn't lost since September 3, 2010 until last Friday's home defeat against Oranje.
- Star player Balazs Dzsudzsak is the only player in the current squad who plies his trade in the Dutch Eredivisie.
- Netherlands sit first in Group E of the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign with the maximum 15 points from five games.
- Oranje were eliminated in the quarter-finals in the last European Championship finals. Russia proved to be too strong in 2008 as they beat Holland 3-1 after extra time.
- Rafael van der Vaart is the most experienced player in the squad selected for Friday's game. The Tottenham ace has been capped 89 times.
- Holland were beaten only once in all of 2010. Spain beat the Dutch 1-0 in the final of the 2010 World Cup to shatter their dreams of winning the tournament for the first time in their history.
- Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has scored eight goals in four appearances during the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign, but won't play on Tuesday due to a knee injury.
- Shot-stopper Jelle Ten Rouwelaar will make his Netherlands debut if he gets playing time.
March 25, 2011
: Hungary 0-4 Netherlands
The two sides last met in Budapest last Friday and Holland cruised to a comfortable 4-0 away win. Hungary started the match with attacking intentions, but they were simply unable to contain Oranje. Goals from Rafael van der Vaart, Ibrahim Afellay, Dirk Kuyt and Robin van Persie helped the World Cup finalists to the full three points. Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!