The Bavarians have fallen further behind Jurgen Klopp's side in the title race in recent weeks and the pressure will be on should the league leader overcome Stuttgart on Friday.
Feulner, Marroh, Wollscheid, Pinola
Chandler, Didavi, Hlousek
Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba
Robben, Muller, Ribery
Dieter Hecking will be without attackers Alexander Esswein and Christian Eigler who both miss out through injury. The team is otherwise unchanged from the side that lost 1-0 to Stuttgart last weekend.
Bayern Munich continues to count defenders Breno and Daniel Van Buyten among their absentees, though the later is undergoing rehabilitation following a broken metatarsal.
Bastian Schweinsteiger could make his return from a lengthy spell on the sidelines but it remains likely that Luiz Gustavo will make way for Anatoliy Tymoshchuk in midfield. Rafinha could also be used to give Philip Lahm a rest ahead of the second leg of their Champions League semifinal.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- After a run of three consecutive wins, Nurnberg has lost its last three Bundesliga games.
- Der Club remain unbeaten in their last three home games against Bayern Munich.
- Only Kaiserslautern has scored fewer goals than Dieter Hecking's side in the Bundesliga this season. With a total of just 25, Mario Gomez has only scored two less.
- Bayern Munich boasts the Bundesliga's most potent attack with an impressive 66 goals in its 27 games so far this season.
- The Bavarians have not lost in their last eight matches against Nurnberg in all competitions.
- Bayern has only won six of its 10 league matches since the turn of the year. This form has seen it drop further behind reigning champion Borussia Dortmund.