Montreal will need home field advantage as it looks to resurrect its faint playoff hopes against top-of-the-East Sporting Kansas City.
|Montreal Impact (4-2-3-1): Perkins; Valentin, Nesta, Rivas, Ferrari; Warner, Bernier; Arnaud, Martins, Nyassi; Di Vaio.
OUT: FW Bernardo Corradi (L knee ACL tear);
PROBABLE: MF Josh Gardner (L groin strain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Besler, Collin, Sinovic; Espinoza, Cesar, Nagamura; Zusi, Sapong, Kamara.
OUT: FW Teal Bunbury (L knee ACL tear); DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture);
DOUBTFUL: FW Bobby Convey (R hamstring strain);
PROBABLE: FW Jacob Peterson (R shoulder sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Montreal's Marco Di Vaio has scored in four straight games, the longest active streak in MLS.
- Sporting Kansas City’s Graham Zusi has taken 125 corner kicks this year. No one on Montreal has taken more than 60.
- After a five-game winning streak, the Impact have lost back-to-back games, their first consecutive losses since June 27- July 4.
- Following a 2-0 win over New York on Wednesday, the Red Bulls' first home loss of the season, Sporting is just three points behind Supporters' Shield leader San Jose and riding a seven-game unbeaten run.
- KC’s Graham Zusi collected his 14th assist of the season in that match. He tops the MLS assist charts for 2012.