The Impact's encouraging start to life in Major League Soccer will be put to the test by the form side in the Eastern Conference.
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Ricketts; Camara, Ferrari, Rivas, Brovsky; Mapp, Warner, Martins, Neagle; Arnaud, Corradi.
OUT: DF Zarek Valentin (R calf contusion); DF Josh Gardner (L hamstring tendinitis); FW Evan James (nose fracture)
DOUBTFUL: MF Justin Mapp (R calf strain)
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Barklage, Pearce, Ruthven, Miller; Ballouchy, McCarty, Marquez, Lindpere; Richards, Cooper.
OUT: FW Thierry Henry (R hamstring strain); DF Wilman Conde (L groin strain); DF Stephen Keel (back strain); MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain); FW Jose Angulo (R knee sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Jan Gunnar Solli (L quadriceps injury)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- New York has coped well with the loss of Thierry Henry to injury. The Red Bulls have gone 3-0-0, scoring five goals, in the striker's absence.
- This will be the second meeting between these clubs this season. The first time, New York ran out 5-2 winners on the back of a Thierry Henry hat trick.
- Despite being the new kids on the block, the Impact are riding a four-game undefeated streak. Montreal's last loss in MLS was to a late FC Dallas fightback on April 14.
- New York is the team to beat in the East right now. The Red Bulls have won their last four games, outscoring their opponents 6-2.
- Despite its commendable league form, Montreal went out of the Canadian Championship, losing 2-0 on aggregate to Toronto FC.