The faltering champion travels north of the border to face the expansion Impact, who have won their last two in a row.
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Ricketts; Brovsky, Thomas, Ferrari, Wahl; Arnaud, Warner, Martins, Mapp; Corradi, Nyassi.
OUT: DF Zarek Valentin (R calf contusion); DF Josh Gardner (L hamstring tendinitis); FW Evan James (nose fracture)
PROBABLE: MF Justin Mapp (L hamstring strain)
|Los Angeles Galaxy (4-4-2): Gaudette; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Meyer, Dunivant; Donovan, Beckham, Juninho, Magee; Keane, Buddle.
OUT: DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Brian Perk (sports hernia surgery)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Montreal keeper Donovan Ricketts will face his former team for the first time since helping the Galaxy to the 2011 Supporters' Shield and MLS Cup double.
- Montreal has converted penalty kicks in three of its last four MLS games. The Impact's total of three penalties is the most for a single team in MLS this season
- The LA Galaxy fared well against Eastern Conference foes last season, garnering at least a point in nearly every meeting, and posting a stellar 8-2-9 record.
- Last week's defeat to the New York Red Bulls was the second time this season the Galaxy have lost two in a row. Before this season, the Galaxy hadn't lost two consecutive matches since August 2010.
- Montreal's 2-0 victory over Sporting Kansas City last week marks the first MLS winning streak in the club's history.