First in the East takes on worst in the West when the Goats visit Canada for this weekend's showdown.
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Perkins; Camara, Nesta, Ferrari, Brovsky; Romero, Martins, Bernier, Arnaud; Paponi, Di Vaio.
OUT: Nelson Rivas (L knee surgery), Maximiliamo Rodriguez (foot injury)
QUESTIONABLE: Justin Mapp (L hamstring strain), Sanna Nyassi (L groin strain)
|Chivas USA (4-5-1): Kennedy; Borja, de Luna, Vilchez, Soto; Courtois, Alvarez. Delgado, Farfan, Villafana; Bowen.
OUT: Daniel Atunez (L ACL reconstruction), Tim Melia (lumbar distectomy), Oswaldo Minda (L Adductor Strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Edgar Mejia (L ankle sprain), Aaron Ponce (L Hamstring Tightness)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Montreal sits atop the Eastern Conference, 30 points from 16 matches and the best points per game in MLS (1.88).
- Despite that first place position, the Impact have won just one of their last four games, and needed to mount a comeback against Canadian rival Toronto FC to grab a point after going down 3-1.
- Chivas USA is last in the Western Conference, with just 13 points from 17 games. It is just one of three MLS clubs averaging less than a point per game.
- Since firing Jose Luis "El Chelis" Sanchez Sola on May 30, the Goats are yet to win a game in any competition, with a combined 0-4-2 record in league and cup play.
- In the only previous meeting between these sides, on June 20, 2012, Chivas defeated Montreal 2-1 in California.