Massimiliano Allegri's side could only draw to Malaga in the Champions League midweek but can ease the pressure on its shoulders with a win over the high-flying Viola.
De Sciglio, Bonera, Mexes, Constant
Emanuelson, Bojan, El Shaaraway
Roncaglia, Rodriguez, Tomovic
Cuadrado, Aquilani, Pizarro, Valero, Pasqual
Ljajic, El Hamdaoui
AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri is expected to be without first choice right back Ignazio Abate for the visit of Fiorentina after the defender limped off during the recent 1-1 draw with Malaga.
He joins Sulley Muntari, Luca Antonini, Didac Vila and Rodney Strasser on the treatment table as the former Cagliari boss looks to pick up only his fifth Serie A win this season.
Fiorentina has started the domestic campaign in impressive form and coach Vincenzo Montella will be hoping to continue the club's positive run of results at San Siro.
However, the Viola are sweating over the fitness of striker Stevan Jovetic, who could miss the encounter with the Rossoneri after limping off during the 4-1 win over Cagliari.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- AC Milan's recent 5-1 win over Chievo was only the second time it has scored more than two goals in a Serie A match this season.
- Riccardo Montolivo (pictured) is set to play his first game against Fiorentina since leaving for Milan in the summer.
- The Rossoneri succumbed to a 2-1 defeat the last time they played Fiorentina at the San Siro.
- Fiorentina's win over Cagliari was the first time in two-and-a-half years that it has won three successive Serie A encounters.
- However, it has won just two of the last 16 encounters between itself and Milan.
- Fiorentina has scored 16 league goals this season, the joint fifth highest in Serie A and only one less than Milan despite seven places separating the two sides.