After Wednesday's defeat to Barcelona, the Rossoneri will be hoping to maintain their impressive domestic form, which has seen them win five of their last six league encounters.
Abate, Bonera, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta
Nocerino, Van Bommel, Seedorf
Frey, Andreolli, Cesar, Jokic
Hetemaj, Rigoni, Bradley
The home side will still be without long term absentees Antonio Cassano, Mathieu Flamini and Gennaro Gattuso, with none of the trio expected to return to the squad until after the new year.
On the plus side for the Rossoneri, Kevin-Prince Boateng is available after serving his domestic ban, along with Alexandre Pato, who has returned from injury with substitute appearances against Fiorentina and Barcelona. Philippe Mexes could also return to the squad after recovering from a hand injury. The former Roma defender is unlikely to start, even though Alessandro Nesta has been ruled out with a hip injury, but could well make the bench behind Daniele Bonera.
Domenico Di Carlo's side will have to face Milan without defenders Santiago Morero and Genardo Sardo, who are both suffering from thigh strains.
The visiting side is also likely to be without Peruvian midfielder Rinaldo Cruzado, with Paolo Sammarco expected to step in. However, Bostjan Cesar is in line to regain his place in the center of defense after returning from the bench in last week's victory over Catania.
||DID YOU KNOW|
- Milan has scored more goals than any other side in Serie A this season, having netted 23 times so far, five more than leader Juventus.
- The Rossoneri have only conceded one goal fewer than city rival Inter, but remain 10 points above the Nerazzurri.
- Milan is still unbeaten at San Siro in Serie A this season, but did lose 3-2 at home to Barcelona in an entertaining Champions League clash on Wednesday.
- Chievo has won as many as it has lost this season, with four in each column.
- Only three teams have scored fewer goals than the Flying Donkeys, yet the visiting side sits ninth in Serie A.
- Di Carlo's men have won only one game away from home this season.