El Tri looks to finish the current round of qualifying perfect with a sixth consecutive win, while El Salvador clings to its dwindling hopes of moving on.
|Mexico (4-2-2-2): Talavera; Torres Nilo, Moreno, Rodriguez, Meza; Herrera, Enríquez; Guardado, Aquino; Peralta, Hernandez
GOALKEEPERS: Alfredo Talavera (Toluca), Jonathan Orozco (Monterrey)
DEFENDERS: Adrian Aldrete (América), Hector Moreno (Espanyol) Francisco Rodriguez (Stuttgart), Severo Meza (Monterrey), Diego Reyes (América), Joel Huiqui (Morelia), Israel Jimenez (Tigres), Jorge Torres Nilo (Tigres).
MIDFIELDERS: Carlos Peña (León), Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul), Andres Guardado (Valencia), Javier Aquino (Cruz Azul), Angel Reyna (Monterrey), Jorge Enríquez (Guadalajara), Hector Herrera (Pachuca), Sinha (Toluca)
FORWARDS: Elias Hernandez (Tigres), Oribe Peralta (Santos Laguna), Aldo de Nigris (Monterrey), Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez (Manchester United)
|El Salvador (4-4-2): Portillo; Purdy, García, Henríquez, D. Alas, J. Alas, Castillo, Romero, Gutiérrez, Burgos, Zelaya.
GOALKEEPERS: Dagoberto Portillo (Firpo), Derby Carrillo (Santa Tecla)
DEFENDERS: Jose Henríquez (Aguila), Carlos Monteagudo (Firpo), Elder Figueroa (FAS), Ramón Flores (FAS), Mauricio Quintanilla (Firpo), Steve Purdy (Portland Timbers), Xavier García (Firpo).
MIDFIELDERS: Dennis Alas (Firpo), Cristian Castillo (Alianza), Isidro Gutiérrez (Aguila), Jaime Alas (Rosenborg), Darwin Ceren (Juventud Independiente), Osael Romero (Aguila)
FORWARDS: Rodolfo Zelaya (Alianza), Rafael Burgos (Kecskemeti), Nelson Bonilla (Alianza), Jonathan Aguila (FAS).
|DID YOU KNOW?
- Mexico beat El Salvador at the Estadio Cuscatlan earlier in the qualifying period.
- Juan de Dios Castillo is the second Mexican to manage El Salvador in recent years; Carlos de los Cobos guided the Salvadorans to the hexagonal round in 2009.
- Mexico has not been 6-for-6 in the current round of qualifying since Ricardo La Volpe coached the team in 2003.
- Luis Angel Firpo led all Salvadorian teams in sending five of its players to Castillo's squad.
- El Salvador needs to defeat Mexico and have Costa Rica lose to Guyana (or draw while making up goal differential) in order to advance to the next round and eliminate Los Ticos.
- Midfielder Dennis Alas would celebrate his 80th game for the national team should he get a chance to play in Tuesday's match.
- Mexico boasts one of the best defensive units in CONCACAF, having allowed just two goals in five matches.