All four teams sit level on a single point in Group B after the first round of games so The Panthers and El Tri must avoid defeat to stay in with a chance of progressing
Jose de Jesus Corona
Jimenez , Reyes, Mier, Chavez
Salcido, Herrera, Aquino, Ponce
Dos Santos, Fabian
Dinda, Ndong, Engonga, Ndoumbou
Madina, Tandjigora, Bouaaoughou, Obiang
All of Mexico's players in coach Luis Fernando Tena's squad are home based apart from Tottenham midfielder Giovani Dos Santos.
Former Fulham and PSV defender Carlos Salcido is one of Mexico's over-aged players and will provide much needed top-flight experience to the youthful side.
Gabon is the reigning Confederation of African Football Under-23 champions and is making its debut at the Olympic Games.
Goalkeeper Didier Ovono, FC Lorient’s defender Bruno Ecuele Manga and Charly Moussono of Missile FC are the three over-aged players selected by coach Claude Mbourounot.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Gabon is making its first ever appearance at the Olympic Games.
- The Panthers made it past African heavyweights Ivory Coast, Senegal and Morocco on their way to their CAF under-23 triumph.
- Emmanuel Ndong Mba is the only player to score more than a single goal in Gabon's qualifying campaign.
- Former Fulham player Carlos Salcido (pictured right) is Mexico's most experienced player with 103 international appearances to his name.
- The majority of Luis Fernando Tena's 18-man squad is made up from Chivas de Guadalajara players.
- Mexico beat Honduras in the final of the Olympic qualifying tournament.
- Mexico hosted its very own Olympic Games in 1968.