Mexico only has to overcome Martinique to book safe passage to the Gold Cup quarterfinals.
|Martinique (4-4-2): Olimpa; Berdix, Arnolin, Cretinoir, Babin; Herelle, Thomert, Gustan, Coureur; Parsemain, Piquionne.||
GOALKEEPERS (3): Emmanuel Vermignon (Club Colonial), Kevin Olimpa (Bordeaux), Loic Chauvet (Golden Star)
DEFENDERS (8): Sebastien Cretinoir (Club Colonial), Nicolas Zaire (Riviere-Pilote), Jacky Berdix (Case-Pilote), Audrick Linford (Romorantin), William Sery (Raon-l'Etape), Lionel Ravi (Club Franciscain), Gregory Arnolin (Sporting Gijon), Jean-Sylvain Babin (Alcorcan)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Daniel Herelle (Club Colonial), Fabrice Reuperné (Golden Star), Gael Germany (Paris FC), Stephane Abaul (Club Franciscain), Jordy Delem (Club Franciscain), Olivier Thomert (Le Mans),
FORWARDS (6): Kevin Tresfeld (Club Franciscain), Kevin Parsemain (Riviere-Pilote), Frederic Piquionne (Portland Timbers), Yoann Arquin (Notts County), Mathias Coureur (Golden Lion), Steve Gustan (Club Franciscain)
|Mexico (4-2-3-1): Orozco; I. Jimenez, Huiqui, Lopez, Chavez; Enriquez, Peña; Brizuela, Fabian, Montes; R. Jimenez.
GOALKEEPERS: Jonathan Orozco (Monterrey), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca), Moises Munoz (Club America)
DEFENDERS: Israel Jimenez (Tigres), Leobardo Lopez (Monterrey), Joel Huiqui (Morelia), Darvin Chavez (Monterrey), Adrian Aldrete (Club America), Efrain Velarde (Pumas), Juan Carlos Valenzuela (Club America), Miguel Layun (Club America), Jair Pereira (Cruz Azul)
MIDFIELDERS: Carlos Peña (Leon), Javier Cortes (Pumas), Luis Montes (Leon), Jorge Enriquez (Guadalajara), Miguel Ponce (Guadalajara), Alejandro Castro (Cruz Azul)
FORWARDS: Raul Jimenez (Club America), Marco Fabian (Guadalajara), Rafael Marquez Lugo (Guadalajara), Isaac Brizuela (Toluca), Javier Orozco (Santos)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Marco Fabian is Mexico's leading scorer of this tournament with two goals. He is tied with four other players for the fourth-highest total.
- Martinique's only goal, the winner in its opening game against Canada, was scored by 37-year-old defensive midfielder Fabrice Reuperne.
- Reuperne is one of only eight players in the current Gold Cup who were also part of the 2002 edition. The other six are Odelin Molina and Yenier Marquez of Cuba, Landon Donovan and DaMarcus Beasley of the USA, Jean-Jacques Pierre of Haiti; and Lars Hirschfeld and Julian de Guzman of Canada.
- If this game has a winner, that team will advance to the quarterfinals. The loser will hope to finish above Canada and go through as one of the two best third-placed teams.
- Mexico and Martinique last met in the Gold Cup 20 years ago. Luis Roberto Alves, also known as Zaguinho, scored seven goals in a 9-0 win.