The away side have lost just twice in their last 10 league games, but have won only once in their last six, as the Red Devils look to bounce back from Liverpool defeat
Rafael, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra
Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs
Woodgate, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson
Shotton, Palacios, Whelan, Etherington
The big question in terms of team selection will be surrounding the man between the sticks after summer signing David de Gea again found himself in the headlines for the wrong reason with another nervy display at Anfield.
Anders Lindegaard, who had featured for the previous four weeks before last Saturday’s game, could well return after receiving far more praise in just a handful of performances this season.
Stoke sailed through its FA Cup fourth round tie away to Derby County thanks to goals from Cameron Jerome and Robert Huth.
Last time out in the Premier League, an injury time winner for West Brom condemned Stoke to only its second defeat in 10 games - a run which included a very credible draw away at Anfield and a victory over high flying Tottenham. Expect Peter Crouch and John Walters to retain their places up front for Tony Pulis' side.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester United has won six and drawn one of seven games against Stoke City in the Premier League, conceding just three goals in the process.
- If all games ended at halftime this season, United would have been at the top of the table.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's men have conceded 16 of their 23 goals this season in the second half of games.
- Stoke has lost just twice in its last 10 Premier League games, but has won only once in its last six.
- Among all the clubs in the top flight, Tony Pulis’ men have converted the most goals from set piece situations this season.
- However, the Potters also have the highest rate of conceding goals in the opening 45 minutes of a league match.
- Stoke has won five games out of five where the team was winning at halftime. Manchester United has won 13 out of 14 times. The one game the club ended up drawing was against Stoke back in September.
- The last time Manchester United was defeated by Stoke was in 1993 in the first leg of a League Cup tie at the old Victoria Ground.
- The two teams have met each other 94 times, with United winning 36 to City's 26.