The Red Devils have both form and history on their side, having not lost to the Cottagers at home for 10 years, while they also currently boast a 10-match unbeaten streak.
Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Evra
Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Nani
Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Richardson
Duff, Karagounis, Sidwell, Kacaniklic
Sir Alex Ferguson is still without midfielder Darren Fletcher (bowel surgery), while Jonny Evans (hamstring) and Ashley Young (knee) will not be involved. In defense, Rio Ferdinand could feature, although Ferguson may take the opportunity to rest one of his regular central defenders with Phil Jones and Chris Smalling returning to fitness.
The hosts may also look to rest goalkeeper David De Gea after an extended run of league games for the Spaniard, while Ferguson also has the options of using Danny Welbeck, Chicharito and Shinji Kagawa in attacking roles.
The visitors, meanwhile, will be without Simon Davies (neck) and Kerim Frei (groin) while Mahamadou Diarra is not expected to be fit for another week. Martin Jol can, however, boast numerous attacking options as winger Ashkan Dejagah and strikers Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega are also in contention.
Kieran Richardson is likely to continue at left back, although Jol can alternatively choose to restore the out-of-favor John Arne Riise to the starting lineup.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester United is currently on a 10-match unbeaten streak in in all competitions, while it has not lost in 13 matches domestically, including league and FA Cup games.
- The Red Devils have won the FA Cup a record 11 times. The last time they won the competition was in 2004.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's side has also scored the highest amount of goals in the Premier League (57) this season, with striker Robin van Persie leading the scorers charts with 18.
- Manchester United's record defeat in the FA Cup was a 7-1 loss to Burnley in the first round in Februrary 1901.
- Martin Jol has never beaten Sir Alex Ferguson in his managerial career.
- Fulham has won just twice in 12 Premier League away games this season and needed extra time to overcome Championship side Blackpool in the last round.
- Fulham has also lost 31 of their 36 visits to Old Trafford, drawing three times and winning just twice. Since Fulham's last victory in 2003, United has won the fixture nine consecutive times.
- The Cottagers' top scorer this season, Dimitar Berbatov (pictured) has scored seven goals this campaign. Saturday's game will be the Bulgarian's first visit to Old Trafford since leaving Manchester United for Fulham in the summer.