The champion will aim to maintain its incredible Premier League record at the Etihad against Michael Laudrup's side, following its crushing defeat to Ajax on Wednesday.
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Sinclair, Nasri, Tevez
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies
De Guzman, Ki, Britton,
Hernandez, Michu, Routledge
Roberto Mancini will be without influential playmaker David Silva (hamstring) after he returned injured from international duty, while James Milner is suspended after his sending-off last week. The champions also have doubts over Yaya Toure (ankle), Jack Rodwell (hamstring), Javi Garcia (thigh) and Maicon (ankle).
Edin Dzeko started in City's midweek loss at Ajax and is expected to drop back to the bench behind Carlos Tevez after a poor showing in Amsterdam.
Swans boss Michael Laudrup is still without summer signing Kyle Bartley (thigh) and long term injury absentee Neil Taylor (ankle). Michu has lined up as a central striker in recent weeks, and is set to continue in the position, after a fine goalscoring start to the campaign.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City is unbeaten in its last 33 league games at the Etihad.
- Mancini's men have also scored in each of their last 35 matches in front of their home support.
- City has fired in 56 shots on target this season, more than any other team in the top flight.
- Swansea's summer acquisition Michu (pictured) has scored six goals from just eight shots on target this season.
- The Swans recorded their first Premier League win since August with a 2-1 victory over Wigan Athletic last weekend.
- They have won just one and lost five of their last seven Premier League away games.