Mancini's side snatched a point after being 3-1 down late on in this fixture last season as the Black Cats almost took all six points off the champion.
Maicon, Kompany, Lescott, Garrido
Silva, Tevez, Nasri
Larsson, Bramble, O'Shea, Rose
Johnson, Gardner, Colback, McClean
Roberto Mancini is likely to be without midfielder Javi Garcia (hamstring) after he suffered the injury in the midweek game against Borussia Dortmund.
Jack Rodwell returned in that match and came through unscathed. Maicon (heel) is also set to return.
Lee Cattermole remains suspended for the Martin O'Neill. Apart from that, Sunderland have know new injury concerns. Defenders Phil Bardsley, Carlos Cuellar and West Brown have all resumed training this week but aren't fit enough for first team action yet.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City is still looking for its first consecutive wins in the league this season.
- City is the first Premier League champion to have conceded in each of its first six league games.
- Former City player Adam Johnson has scored twice in this fixture against his current side, once at the Etihad in a 5-0 win and once at the Stadium of Light.
- Sunderland was the only team not to lose at the Etihad Stadium in the Premier League last season.
- The Black Cats' win over Wigan ended a run of 12 games without a victory, Martin O'Neill's worst run as a manager in the Premier League
- Sunderland is the only team in the Premier League that has not gone a goal behind in any of their matches this season.
- Steven Fletcher (pictured right) has scored five goals from just five shots on target in the Premier League this season.