The leaders have not lost a single game at the Etihad in the Premier League this season, and are on an undefeated run of 18 matches on their own turf in the division
Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Milner, Toure, De Jong, Silva
Shotton, Woodgate, Huth, Wilson
Pennant, Palacios, Whitehead, Etherington
Micah Richards appeared to have picked up a knock during the recent victory over Arsenal, and Pablo Zabaleta could play at right back if the Englishman is unable to make a full recovery.
Meanwhile, with games coming in quick succession, Edin Dzeko could be brought back into the starting lineup to keep things fresh.
Stoke City boss Tony Pulis will not be able to pick Ryan Shawcross as the defender is suspended for this game after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season in the win over Wolves. Ryan Shotton should therefore slot in at right-back with Jermaine Pennant taking his place on the right flank. Jonathan Woodgate would then partner Robert Huth in the center of defense.
Meanwhile, Glenn Whelan and Andy Wilkinson are doubts with calf and knee injuries respectively.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City has not lost a single game at the Etihad Stadium in the Premier League this season. It remains undefeated in 18 consecutive home matches in the division.
- Mancini's men have also scored the most number of goals in the league this campaign, hitting the back of the net 50 times so far.
- That is 3.125 goals-per-game in the top flight. If they maintain that ratio, City will break Chelsea's record Premier League-era record of 103 goals in a season by getting to a total of 118.
- In contrast, Stoke City has scored only 18 goals through the course of its league campaign so far. No team has scored fewer than it has in the current top 10.
- The Potters have won their last four games in the league, and their last two away games. But prior to that, they had won only one league game in 16 matches away from the Britannia Stadium.
- Stoke has a poor record against Manchester City, winning only two of its last 11 matches in all competitions. This also includes last season's FA Cup final, which Pulis' men lost 1-0 at Wembley.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.