Last season's champion is still reeling from its shock FA Cup final defeat to Wigan, followed by Roberto Mancini's sacking on Monday, but should secure an easy win
Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy
Silva, Barry, Yaya Toure, Nasri
Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Garrido
Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington
Manchester City has few injuries, with only Kolo Toure (knee) and Scott Sinclair (shoulder) looking likely absentees.
Indeed, the main prematch questions are regarding caretaker manager Brian Kidd's selection plans, with the likes of Maicon, James Milner, Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell and Edin Dzeko all vying for a starting berth.
Norwich has a similarly near-fully fit squad and thus could elect to select the same starting XI that dismantled West Brom last week. Michael Turner (groin) and Andrew Surman (knee) are expected to miss out again.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City has won eight and draw one of their nine league matches played at the Etihad Stadium since their 3-2 defeat to Manchester United on December 9.
- David Silva (pictured right) only has four goals and nine assists in the league so far this season, compared to six and 17 last year.
- The Blues have scored 15 goals against Norwich in their three matches since the Canaries returned to the top flight last term.
- Norwich has only won one of its 18 matches on the road so far this season, coming against Swansea in December.
- But recorded its biggest winning margin in the division since 1993 with a 4-0 win over West Brom.
- The previous fixture between these two sides, which saw City triumph 4-3 on Carrow Road on December 29, saw Canaries' defender Russell Martin score two of his three goals of the season to date.