Mancini's men are the current holders of this trophy, having beaten the Red Devils in last season's semifinal before overcoming Stoke at Wembley to end a 35-year wait.
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Nasri, De Jong, Milner, Silva
Valencia, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra
Park, Carrick, Anderson, Nani
In a game that is the stand out match of the round, Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini misses the services of Kolo and Yaya Toure due to their involvement in the African Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast. Gareth Barry is suspended, while Owen Hargreaves is also battling injury.
Mario Balotelli (ankle) is also expected to be sidelined for this fixture, while Edin Dzeko (knee) and Samir Nasri (illness) are doubts.
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been enduring some rough weather in recent times in terms of team selection as well as results. Chris Smalling (tonsilitis) and Jonny Evans (calf) are sidelined along with long term absentees Nemanja Vidic, Darren Fletcher, Fabio and Michael Owen. Ashley Young is also unavailable through injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City is the current FA Cup holder, having won the competition last season.
- That 1-0 victory over Stoke City at Wembley proved to be the club's first piece of silverware in over three decades.
- Roberto Mancini (pictured right) has a record of winning a domestic Cup with every club he has managed so far.
- City beat the Red Devils 1-0 in the semifinals of this competition last season, before going on to lift the trophy.
- Manchester United has met its neighbor seven times previously in the FA Cup, and all games have been decided at the first time of asking. United has won four ties and City three.
- The Red Devils have 11 FA Cup triumphs to their name, with the last one coming in the 2003-04 season.
- United had won its last five away games in this competition, while Mancini's men have not conceded a single goal in their last five FA Cup matches.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's charges are coming into this clash on the back of two consecutive Premier League defeats, against Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!