After back-to-back slip-ups from its arch-rival, Pep Guardiola's side can put itself right back in the Liga title race with a win at the Iberostar stadium.
Chico, Nunes, Ramis, Caceres
Pereira, Alvaro, Castro
Busquets, Pique, Puyol
Fabregas, Xavi, Keita, Iniesta
Sanchez, Messi, Pedro
Mallorca welcomes back key trio Ivan Ramis, Michael Pereira and Chori Castro from suspension for Saturday's visit of Barcelona.
Sergio Tejera (hamstring) and Marvin Ogunjimi (ankle) are both out, and Pedro Bigas is suspended.
Barcelona utility man Adriano is sidelined through a muscle injury sustained in Tuesday's 5-3 win over Granada. The Brazilian's absence leaves coach Pep Guardiola with a selection headache in defence, with both Dani Alves and Javier Mascherano also unavailable through suspension.
Sergio Busquets could be pushed into defensive duty alongside Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique in a 3-4-3 formation, with Seydou Keita continuing in the holding midfield role.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Mallorca is on a four-game unbeaten run in La Liga (W2, D2).
- The islanders have failed to score in just one of their last eight matches in La Liga.
- Chico (pictured right) had a brief stint with the Barcelona B team in 2008, making 13 appearances and scoring two goals.
- Barcelona is on a six-match winning streak in La Liga.
- The Catalans have dropped 18 points this season, two at Camp Nou and 16 away from home.
- Lionel Messi has netted an incredible 17 goals in his last seven games for Barca.
For all the latest action, check out the Fox Soccer Plus FREE Trial