Manuel Pellegrini's side can move within two points of the struggling Castilian giants in the Primera Division standings with victory at La Rosaleda on Saturday.
Gamez, Demichelis, Onyewu, Monreal Iturra, Camacho
Joaquin, Isco, Eliseu
Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao
Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo
Malaga will be without captain Weligton against Real Madrid, after the defender picked up his fifth yellow card of the season in the 2-0 win over Sevilla.
Oguchi Onyewu is likely to deputise for Weligton at the back, while Julio Baptista and Jeremy Toulalan are also sidelined.
Real Madrid defender Fabio Coentrao picked up a muscle problem in the 2-2 draw with Espanyol and is a minor doubt. Raphael Varane, Raul Albiol and Gonzalo Higuain remain absent, but Karim Benzema (ankle) is available.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Malaga has won just three of its last 12 matches in all competitions (W3, D5, L4).
- The Andalusians have lost their last five encounters with Real Madrid across all competitions.
- Malaga has been drawn with Porto in the Champions League round of 16.
- Real Madrid has won just two of its last five away matches in all competitions.
- Los Merengues will face English giants Manchester United in the Champions League round of 16 on Feb. 13 and March 5.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (pictured, right) has scored four goals in his last five outings for Real in all competitions.