Brendan Rodgers' side can claim maximum points from its first two group games with three points against the dangerous Italian outfit at Anfield.
Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Enrique
Assaidi, Suso, Borini
Danilo, Domizzi, Benatia, Armero
Lazarri, Pereya, Willians,
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is again without Martin Kelly (knee) and Lucas Leiva (thigh), with both expected to be out for at least another month. Joe Cole (hamstring) could be in line for his comeback after coming through a reserve game.
Jose Enrique is a doubt for the match but could make the squad with Kelly also injured, otherwise Rodgers has no other injury or suspension problems.
The visiting side is likely to rest star striker Antonio Di Natale for the match with Matias Ranegie expected to lead the attack. Otherwise Francesco Guidolin has a more or less a full strength side to choose from.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool and Udinese are meeting for the first time in UEFA competition.
- The Reds have won eight and lost 10 of their last 23 European games against Italian teams.
- Liverpool has won three of its last four games in all competitions.
- However, Liverpool is unbeaten in six European games, including all five under its new boss Brendan Rodgers.
- Udinese has only one once against an English side, beating Tottenham in the 2008-09 UEFA Cup.
- The visit to Anfield will be Udinese's 50th outing in the UEFA Cup and Europa League.
- Udinese goalkeeper Daniele Padelli played for Liverpool in 2007 on loan from UC Sampdoria, making his only appearance for the club in a 2-2 draw at home against Charlton Athletic FC, with current Liverpool players Jamie Carragher, Daniel Agger and Steven Gerrard among Padelli's teammates that day.
- Udinese has drawn four of its last five games in all competitions.