David Moyes looks for his first win at Anfield, and the Toffees can secure Merseyside superiority -- and valuable points in the chase for Europe -- with a win.
Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique
Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson
Downing, Sturridge, Coutinho
Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Mirallas, Fellaini, Osman, Pienaar
After Fabio Borini came off the bench to score against Newcastle after missing eight weeks with a dislocated shoulder, Joe Allen (shoulder) and Martin Kelly (knee) are the only long-term absentees for Liverpool.
Raheem Sterling (hip) is approaching full fitness and could be in contention for Brendan Rodgers.
Tony Hibbert returned to Everton the squad for Saturday's win over Fulham but may have to make do with a place on the bench yet again as Seamus Coleman continues at right back.
Darron Gibson (hip) is David Moyes's only injury concern, with Ross Barkley set to compete with Nikica Jelavic for a place alongside Victor Anichebe in attack.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Merseyside derby has seen more red cards than any other Premier League fixture, with 20.
- Liverpool has scored nine goals in their two league games without Luis Suarez this season.
- Of the 10 midfielders included in the last England squad, only Frank Lampard has scored and assisted more goals per minute than Jordan Henderson this season (one every 132 minutes).
- Lucas Leiva (pictured right) has made more tackles per minute than any other player in the league this season (one every 14.9 minutes).
- Everton has only won one of its last 12 Premier League games against Liverpool, drawing four and losing seven.
- The Toffees are without a win at Anfield in 12 Premier League games, losing five of the last eight.
- David Moyes is yet to win a single one of his 44 away games against the traditional "big four," taking just 17 points from a possible 132.
- The visitors have won 56 percent of their games this season with Johnny Heitinga in the side and just 10 percent without him.