Third play second in northern France, with the pressure particularly on the away side after they watched Montpellier pick up three more points on Friday night
Debuchy, Chedjou, Basa, Digne
Balmont, Mavuba, Pedretti
Cole, De Melo, Hazard
Jallet, Alex, Bisevac, Maxwell
Thiago Motta, Sissoko, Matuidi
Lille will have a fully-fit squad of players to select from, with Rudi Garcia’s plans disrupted only by suspensions to versatile defender Franck Beria and central midfielder Idrissa Gueye, which opens the door to the fit-again Florent Balmont to return to the team. Teenage left back Lucas Digne, who has featured regularly of late, will slot into the defense.
The forward line will likely be very fluid, with only Eden Hazard certain to start of this trio. Dimitri Payet and Nolan Roux could quite feasibly take the places of Joe Cole and Tulio de Melo.
PSG is unlikely to make too many alterations after their crushing victory over Sochaux last weekend. Despite playing without a recognised striker, they scored six times at the Parc des Princes, with their advanced three gelling brilliantly. Carlo Ancelotti will look for more of the same.
The Italian will sweat on the fitness of Maxwell and Clement Chantome until the last moment, but he is boosted by the return of Mohamed Sissoko after suspension, and the former Juventus man is liable to feature from the outset.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- With 39 goals to their credit, Lille is France’s most prolific side when playing in home matches.
- Les Dogues only have the fifth-best home record in Ligue 1, though.
- On the 12 occasions the club has scored the opening goal when playing at the Stade Lille-Metropole, they have gone on to win eight times, remaining undefeated this season in this regard.
- Three of its last four home matches against PSG have ended scoreless, with the other resulting in a 3-1 victory to the hosts.
- PSG has only won away to Lille three times in 34 trips.
- The club has the second-best away record in Ligue 1 this season, having won 28 points on the road.
- No club in France can match the tally of 63 goals scored by PSG so far this term.
- Last weekend’s 6-1 win over Sochaux was PSG's biggest and arguably its most impressive of the season.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored eight of his 11 Ligue 1 goals for PSG away from home, yet he is unlikely to see much action on Sunday.