Allegri was given another vote of confidence this week and he will hope to justify the continued support of his superiors against Vladimir Petkovic's side on Saturday.
Konko, Biava, Dias, Lulic
Candreva, Gonzalez, Ledesma, Hernanes, Mauri
Abate, Bonera, Yepes, De Sciglio
De Jong, Montolivo
Emanuelson, Boateng, El Shaarawy
A matter of days ago vice president Adriano Galliani insisted the outcome of Saturday’s clash with Lazio would not be decisive in his future, but another defeat or even a draw would surely edge him closer to the Rossoneri trapdoor.
For many, the 1-0 loss to city rival Inter heading into the international break would have been enough to seal his exit, but the Milan hierarchy have displayed great patience in allowing him yet another opportunity to rescue an ailing season.
The latest test comes in the shape of Vladimir Petkovic’s Lazio – a side which positively bounced into the break with a 3-0 win over Pescara, a result that left it in third place in Serie A and just four points behind joint leaders Juventus and Napoli.
Striker Miroslav Klose equaled Gerd Muller’s goalscoring record for Germany on Tuesday night and he will fancy his chances of adding to his five Serie A strikes this season.
The host has the luxury of a clean bill of health going into the game, but Milan will be without the injured Robinho and Sulley Muntari.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stephan El Shaarawy is AC Milan's top goalscorer with four Serie A goals to his name.
- The Rossoneri were beaten 2-0 on their last trip to the Stadio Olimpico, back in February.
- Massimiliano Allegri's side has won one, drawn one and lost one of its three away trips this campaign.
- Lazio is yet to draw a game in Serie A this season - winning five and losing two of their seven games.
- The Biancocelesti have averaged 1.7 goals per match in the league to date.
- Vladimir Petkovic was handed the Lazio reins in June after predecessor Edy Reja stepped down at the end of last season.
- Miroslav Klose is the club's top goalscorer, hitting the back of the net five times in 2012-13.