The league leader welcomes the worst record in MLS. The last time LA took on Vancouver, the Galaxy scored four in a rout.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Ricketts; Hedjuk, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Franklin, Beckham, Juninho, Donovan; Keane, Cristman.||
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Gregg Berhalter (R foot sprain); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); MF Juninho (L hamstring strain)
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-4-2): Cannon; Leathers, DeMerit, Dunfield, Harvey; Salinas, Vagenas, Koffie, Camilo; Chiumiento, Hassli.
OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery); GK Brian Sylvestre (L knee surgery); MF Russell Teibert (R toe laceration)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Davide Chiumiento (L ankle contusion); MF John Thorrington (L groin strain); MF Michael Nanchoff (R iliotibial band syndrome)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
This game pits the best record in the league (Galaxy, 55 points) against the worst (Whitecaps, 22 points).
- Los Angeles is the only team in MLS still unbeaten at home in 2011. Vancouver has yet to win away. Only three teams in league history have gone an entire year without an away win, including the 2003 Galaxy.
- Landon Donovan leads the MLS goalscoring charts at 12, tied with New York's Thierry Henry.
- Donovan scored two goals and added an assist in the previous meeting between these clubs. LA won 4-0 in Vancouver.
- Davide Chiumiento scored his first goal since May in the 1-1 draw with New York last week, hitting a stunning volley. "He's a real genius when he has a smile," Eric Hassli said.
- The Galaxy made a trade before the league roster freeze on Thursday, adding 27-year-old defender Dasan Robinson from Toronto FC in exchange fore 22-year-old defender Kyle Davies.