The Galaxy have won both matches since the international break, pushing the reigning MLS Cup champions into touching distance of a playoff slot.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-1-1): Saunders; Dunivant, Lopes, DeLaGarza, Franklin; Donovan, Beckham, Juninho, Magee; Sarvas; Keane.
OUT: DF Andrew Boyens (L sports hernia surgery); FW Edson Buddle (R knee surgery); FW Adam Cristman (concussion); DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); MF Dan Keat (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Bryan Gaul (facial fracture); MF Hector Jimenez (L quad hematoma); FW Pat Noonan (R quad strain)
|Vancouver Whitecaps FC (4-3-3): Cannon; Rochat, Bonjour, DeMerit, Lee; Davidson, Koffie, Thorrington; Chiumiento, Mattocks, Le Toux.
OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery recovery)
DOUBTFUL: MF Matt Watson (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Thus far, Los Angeles has beaten Vancouver in every MLS meeting without conceding a goal. The 'Caps lost the two 2011 meetings by a combined seven goals.
- Josh Saunders missed seven games in the league's Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health treatment program. The Galaxy didn't win a single match in that spell. Since Saunders' return, LA has won two in a row.
- The latest was a come-from-behind 3-2 victory over Real Salt Lake in Utah. Landon Donovan scored twice and assisted another. Don't look now, but LA is only two points behind the last playoff spot in the West.
- Vancouver is third in the West with 26 points from 15 games.
- Joe Cannon is joint-top of the league with six shutouts.