Even without David Beckham and Landon Donovan, there will be plenty of firepower on display as Tottenham begins its U.S. tour
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Junior Lopes, Dunivant; Jimenez, Juninho, Sarvas, Stephens; Keane, Barrett.
OUT: DF Andrew Boyens (L sports hernia surgery); FW Edson Buddle (R knee surgery); MF Dan Keat (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation);
QUESTIONABLE: DF Todd Dunivant (R calf hematoma); DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); MF Mike Magee (R shin hematoma); MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms); FW Pat Noonan (R quad strain)
|Tottehnam (4-5-1): Friedel; Assou-Ekotto, Gallas, Vertonghen, Walker; Bale, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, Van der Vaart, Lennon; Defoe.
GOALKEEPERS – Jordan Archer, Carlo Cudicini, Brad Friedel, Heurelho Gomes
DEFENDERS – Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Sebastien Bassong, Michael Dawson (captain), William Gallas, Younes Kaboul, Kyle Naughton, Jan Vertonghen, Kyle Walker
MIDFIELDERS – Gareth Bale, David Bentley, Tom Carroll, Tom Huddlestone, Jermaine Jenas, Aaron Lennon, Jake Livermore, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Andros Townsend, Rafael Van der Vaart
FORWARDS – Jermain Defoe, Harry Kane
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- LA Galaxy All-Stars David Beckham and Landon Donovan will miss this friendly in order to participate in Wednesday's MLS All-Star game against Chelsea.
- Tottenham opened its preseason schedule last Wednesday, beating Stevenage 2-0 with new signing Gylfi Sigurdsson scoring one of the goals.
- Robbie Keane has been red-hot for the Galaxy lately, as he's scored six times in seven games since returning from Euro 2012. Keane was twice a member of Spurs: First from 2002-2008, then from 2009-2011.
- Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas has said Tottenham won't make a decision on the future of Giovani dos Santos until after the Olympics. The Mexican midfielder has said he wishes to leave the club.
- Galaxy forward Chad Barrett returned to training on Monday after a week-long trial with Norway’s Vålerenga. No decision has been made on any potential transfer.
- Spurs announced that midfielder Scott Parker is set to miss the beginning of the Premier League season after surgery on a persistent Achilles injury. AVB has stated the injury takes four-to-six weeks to heal.