With much of this game's firepower -- Donovan, Keane, Wondolowski -- missing through international duty, the California Clasico will need fireworks from elsewhere.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Perk; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Keat, Dunivant; Magee, Juninho, Beckham, Stephens; Buddle, Barrett.
OUT: DF Andrew Boyens (L sports hernia surgery); DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: DF A.J.DeLaGarza (R heel bruise); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Hernandez, Morrow, Corrales; Baca, Stephenson, Cronin, Dawkins; Lenhart, Gordon.
OUT: MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); MF Shea Salinas (L clavicle fracture); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Victor Bernardez (L knee MCL sprain); MF Marvin Chavez (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the second all-California matchup this week. Over the weekend, Chivas USA won the SuperClasico 1-0 againt the Galaxy.
- David Junior Lopes is suspended for a handball on the line which led to the Goats' penalty. At the other end, Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane miss out through international duty. Chris Wondolowski, who has scored 11 of San Jose's 23 goals this season, is with Donovan and the U.S. national team in Florida.
- Galaxy goalkeeper Josh Saunders returned to training but cannot play until doctors clear him. He entered the league's substance abuse and behavioral program, but claims it was for stress, not drugs or alcohol.
- Los Angeles hasn't won in five straight games, sinking to the bottom of the Western Conference standings with 11 points from 11 games.
- San Jose turned near-defeats into draws two games in a row, with former Galaxy forward Alan Gordon notching last-minute equalizers against Chivas USA and Columbus recently.