The California Clasico should see the debut of Ireland international Robbie Keane, who only arrived in the United States on Thursday.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Donovan, Beckham, Juninho, Magee; Cristman, Keane.||
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery); GK Donovan Ricketts (L ulna fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Chad Barrett (R knee sprain); MF David Beckham (back spasms); MF Jovan Kirovski (L ankle sprain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Burling, Hernandez, Corrales; Gjertsen, Ring, Dawkins, Convey; Stephenson, Wondolowski.||
OUT: MF Andre Luiz (L knee injury); DF Ike Opara (L foot injury); FW Alan Gordon (surgery)
DOUBTFUL: FW Scott Sealy (R groin strain); MF Brad Ring (R shoulder sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Bobby Burling (L hamstring strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The Galaxy are top of MLS on 48 points, with four wins in the last five league games. San Jose would be bottom of the Western Conference but for the expansion Vancouver Whitecaps.
- The Earthquakes are mired in a club-record 11-game winless run. However, only six points separate San Jose from a playoff position.
- On Tuesday, LA beat CD Motagua 2-0 to open its CONCACAF Champions League group stage matches with a win.
- Robbie Keane should make his MLS debut in this match. The Ireland international captain flew in Thursday, is expected to train with his teammates for the first time Friday, and could suit up Saturday.
- David Beckham notched two assists in his last league outing, bringing him to double digits for the season. That total matches a personal season-high and puts Becks at second in the league in 2011.
- The last time these sides met ended in a 0-0 draw. It certainly wasn't boring, however. First-choice goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts was injured early, so Josh Saunders entered as a substitute. He saw red before the half for a foul on Steven Lenhart (pictured above), so forward Mike Magee had to don the gloves for 47 minutes. Magee pulled off three saves to preserve the clean sheet.