These two Western Conference heavyweights meet for the third time this year, looking to jockey for home-field advantage in the playoffs.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Gonzalez, Meyer, Dunivant; Magee, Beckham, Juninho, Sarvas; Donovan, Keane.
OUT: DF A.J. DeLaGarza (L knee sprain); DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation); MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (L ankle sprain); MF Christian Wilhelmsson (L calf strain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Olave, Borchers, Wingert; Gil, Beckerman, Morales, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.
OUT: GK Lalo Fernandez (R wrist fracture); MF Ned Grabavoy (R quad strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Kwame Watson-Siriboe (R adductor strain)
PROBABLE: FW Alvaro Saborio (R shoulder sprain); DF Chris Wingert (turf toe); DF Tony Beltran (R knee soreness)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams are second and third in the Western Conference. A draw or loss would mean RSL could no longer win the Supporters' Shield.
- This is the third meeting between these clubs. Each has won 3-1 once.
- Fabian Espindola notched three assists against Chivas USA, a first in his career. Alvaro Saborio hit a hat trick in that match, his second of the season. He's now second on the goalscoring charts with 17.
- The Galaxy haven't lost in seven matches.
- Landon Donovan is joint-top in the league with 14 assists. Robbie Keane is tied for fourth in MLS with 14 goals.